Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Classpect inversion and other classpect discussion

3 posters

Go down

Classpect inversion and other classpect discussion Empty Classpect inversion and other classpect discussion

Post by DistantRed Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:50 am

So, it has come to my attention a long while ago that classpect inversion is a thing, but I didn't say anything.

Basically what the "theory" more or less states is that classes invert.

We have seen inversion of Rose's Seer of Life to Witch of Void, as well as others.

I'm unable to check right now due to a school internet ban on Tumblr, but I believe this link explains it well and gives more examples. www.bladekindeyewear.tumblr.com/post/45625968685/classpect-dualism-theory

Here is how I believe it's laid out.

Witch (active manipulate) <-> Seer (passive knowledge)
Prince (active destroy) <-> Maid (passive create)
Thief (active steal) <-> Page (passive exploit)
Sylph (active create) <-> Bard (pssive destroy)
Mage (active knowledge) <-> Heir (passive manipulate)
Knight (active exploit) <-> Rogue (passive steal)

Aspects are obvious, but...
Time - Space
Heart - Mind
Hope - Rage
Breath - Blood
Life - Doom
Light - Void

--------------

Here is a list of characters and their possible connections to their inverse:
John (Heir of Breath -> Mage of Blood) - He understands the value of friendship, and has suffered from it, for example being tricked by Terezi into fighting his denizen early.

Rose (Seer of Light -> Witch of Void) - Her forced inversion by horrorterrors, as well as an interest in the black grimoire and stuff before that point as well.

Dave (Knight of Time -> Rogue of Space) - Stealing from art is probably something to do with SBaHJ.

Jade (Witch of Space -> Seer of Time) - I believe she STARTED as a Seer of Time in personality at first. She is an expert on music (good on eclectic bass, though terrible at flute) which is typically a time thing, predicitons (though this is a Prospit thing), sending John's gift throughout time, and an odd relationship with a dead thing (though this COULD be written off).

Aradia (Maid of Time -> Prince of Space) - Frog temple, an army of her could be related to space which destroyed things (mainly Vriska, though this could be counted off), maybe connection with telekinesis,

Last edited by DistantRed on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Scorpio Posts : 725
Boondollars : 18907

Back to top Go down

Classpect inversion and other classpect discussion Empty Re: Classpect inversion and other classpect discussion

Post by Tuffcookie Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:46 pm

(Reads down page after page link after link and enters a paradox of information) Wow this was quite the eye opener. It gives good insight on how an class/aspect would fully go about being in a session. Since I consider myself to be more along the lines of a Seer of Life, the very concept of being a Witch of Doom actually resonates pretty well with it. I read up on what it meant to be a doom witch, and changing the outcome of what was to come to better suit them. Also not succumbing to any limits bringing about their life as how ever they see fit. Seeing both the good and bad outcomes of any action and making it happen. Life sees the potential growth of a person, Doom sees the end and how things will play as a result of that growth. Its interesting
Tuffcookie
Tuffcookie
Greentyke

Pisces Posts : 11
Boondollars : 16334

Back to top Go down

Classpect inversion and other classpect discussion Empty Re: Classpect inversion and other classpect discussion

Post by TheChaotic1 Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:33 pm

I don't buy into the inversion theory. Rose had instruments that let her manipulate space, and was possessed by void, she did not become a witch of void.
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Gemini Posts : 1329
Boondollars : 23935
My Pet : Blue Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : EYES

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:32 am

It's more or less acting as if you were the inversed class. Whether abilities come with the inversion is mostly up for debate.

I'm going to see if I can find more inverse relationships, and the such.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Scorpio Posts : 725
Boondollars : 18907

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down