Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Kemida Lelana

4 posters

Go down

Kemida Lelana Empty Kemida Lelana

Post by twistedMusician Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Full Name: Kemida Lelana
Physique (Height/Weight): 5’5” and 120lbs.

Personality:
Kemida is rather chill which makes her usually be calm and mild mannered. Her chill is strong enough that there is almost no way for someone that she is comfortable with to make her lose her chill. By being chill, she is better able to analyze the world under a scope of logic. There are however things that can make Kemida lose her chill. The primary thing that can make her uncalm is social interaction with someone she doesn’t know. Such a situation makes her nervous, not in the sense that she is afraid of the other person, but rather she becomes afraid of ruining potential future interactions with said person by soiling the other person’s early impressions of her accidentally. When in a conversation with someone she doesn’t know well, her mind goes into overdrive to analyze every possible thing about the other person and the situation they are in so that she has a better chance of doing the more socially acceptable thing in a given scenario. She begins plotting out potential pathways the conversation might go down in order to plan accordingly for any  potential “danger” to the conversation. The “danger” being blown way out of proportion of course. Put in more straightforward terms, she is rather shy.
The reason that Kemida is so careful in a conversation with someone  she doesn’t know is because she is very easily misconstrued. The way she communicates typically comes off as being fairly one-dimensional when in reality she is typically speaking through several layers of either sarcasm or other things that might make meaning seem ambiguous. Her failure to speak her mind in a clear way typically makes the pragmatics of what she means to get lost on the other person unless they can realise double meaning. Kemida is aware of this but has a fairly hard time adjusting her way of communicating, causing her speech patterns to seem fairly inconsistent, which can typically cause even more confusion in a conversation. On top of all of this, she’ll be looking for double meaning in what the other person is saying which can further muddy the meaning in such a conversation. Besides all that, another problem Kemida has in communication is that she is very stubborn when she makes a decision, requiring lots of strong evidence. On the other hand, people who do understand what Kemida means when she says something, and vis versa, are usually able to gleam much more information much faster with a talk with Kemida than from most other people.
Regardless of who Kemida is talking with, she tries to stay friendly to the other person and show respect. She generally tries to have a light hearted air about her while still trying to leave the door open for any serious conversations that might need to take place.

Physical appearance:
Kemida, being somewhat lean and mildly slender, has a rather average build. She isn’t the most athletic, so most of the time if she has to do a physically strenuous task, she relies more on skill and technique than she does on pure strength. Her reliance on skill has occasionally gotten her hurt, leaving the occasion small scar, including a light vertical scar on the left side of her upper lip.
Kemida has never really cared much about fashion, which lead her to typically wear a simple casual outfit of a black t-shirt with her symbol on it, a pair of black jeans, and black tennis shoes. To accompany that outfit, she will usually just leave her hair to sit however it naturally lies, which most often leaves her hair as a messy, sometimes wild, wavy concoction of hair. Her hair isn’t all that long, but it isn’t short either. If her hair were straight, it would go about an inch (2.5 cm) past her eyes, but since it isn’t straight, her hair rests about half an inch (1.3 cm) over her eyes.
However, occasionally she will dress in slightly more formal attire for more formal events. In such a scenario, she’d most likely wear a dark green colored long sleeve shirt with her symbol in black in the center, long dark green pants that slowly transition to black at the bottom, and the same black tennis shoes as in her casual clothing. To accompany this outfit, she usually will keep her hair the same, but she has been known to straighten her hair and part it above the center of her left eye.
She has two horns, one on the left, one on the right. The horn on her right is thin and juts straight out of her head at about a 45 degree angle from the center of her head, closing  to a quick point. The horn on her left is just as thin and has the same angle as her other horn, but a short way up the horn, it curves up and to the left only to turn face her head on the opposite side of the center of the horn. Basically her left horn is the top of a question mark, but tilted 30 degrees counter clockwise.

Strengths:
Kemida knows how to stay calm in practically every situation.
She is fairly independent, not asking for help if ever possible.
She is very calculated, rarely making  an important decision on impulse.
Weaknesses:
Kemida is not very good at interacting with people she doesn't know. She is aware of this, which causes her to rarely be the one to start a conversation, especially with someone she doesn’t know very well.
She is easily angered by people who know how to get at her.
She can come off very egotistical due to stubbornness and occasional sarcasm.
Kemida isn’t the best at communicating her thoughts in such a way that accurately depicts her opinions clearly.
She often doesn't ask for help, even if she needs it.
Fears/Insecurities: Somewhat pessimistic when in regard to own self in terms of her ability, but she is pretty successful at not showing it though. This is because she typically clings to her failures while her successful moments don’t faze her. Another insecurity of hers is that when she messes up in the presence of other people, she’ll get more embarrassed than most other people would. She can usually shrug off smaller things with a joking “You saw nothing” type of response, but bigger mistakes take more than that to get over.
Likes: Messing with people, rain, interacting with friends occasionally, logic puzzles.
Hobbies: Messing with music files and  playing video games.
Dislikes: Poor logic, people that insult her friends, eye contact, and people who are rude for no other reason than to be rude.

Handle: twistedMusician or TM
Typing Quirk: AE=Æ (æ if lower case), C=Ç (ç if lower case), and K is always capitalized. Example words: Aesthetic be comes Æsthetiç, kick becomes KiçK.
Blood color: Dark Green
Psionic Power: Nope
Symbol: Kuestion Mark
Kemida Lelana Kuesti11
Lusus: Large, white Owl creature.

God Tier Title: Sylph of Mind (or Sylph of Time)
Land: Land of Logic and Storms
Derse or Prospit: Derse
Strife Specibus: lanceKind, speakerKind, sniperKind
Fetch Modus: Logical Connection Modus: To captchalogue an item, the item’s function must have something in common with the previous catalogued item, forming a line of similarities. The item doesn’t have to share similarities with items that it isn’t next to in the line. Each item can only be connected to two other objects in the line. If an object is to be removed, the line must be reordered to accommodate not having that object.

Other: Kemida is usually only up at night due to her lusus constantly making noise at night which would make it difficult for her to sleep.

Sidenote: I feel like this could be better, but I’m not really sure what I could do to improve it, so any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by twistedMusician on Sat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted somethings to better, added one thing to weaknesses, changed one thing in likes, changed dislikes, added a lusus, changed god tier, changed land, changed strife bus, added fetch modus)
twistedMusician
twistedMusician
Greentyke

Aries Posts : 16
Boondollars : 13734

Back to top Go down

Kemida Lelana Empty Re: Kemida Lelana

Post by DistantRed Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:19 am

Approved. Sorry that it took a while.

1.) You're right on that being a typo. Somebody else made it and I always meant to edit it.

2.) For physical traits, I have never been good at it at all so I tend to just short-cut it a little, I0 guess. I usually just give a brief description. 3-6 sentences should be enough as a minimum. Where they apply: hair, fashion, build, injuries (if any), and anything else worth mentioning.

3.) Personality-wise, I have tons of advice and can go for daysss talking about it. However, I'll just give you some of it and give you tons more if asked. I will however just build around information that's already there. I know it's more or less just reiterating information that's already there into your personality box, but it can very much work out well.

twistedMusician wrote:Describe your character in three words: Chill, Suborn, Friendly.

You could tell us how chill she is, describe how stubborn she is, go into how friendly she is.

Can anything un-chill her? Can she ever lose her temper?

What is able to make her do things she would otherwise be too stubborn to do? Can she function well under pressure?

How does her friendliness function with people she doesn't know? Can... off-putting people un-chill her?

twistedMusician wrote:Is not very good good at interacting with people she doesn't know.

You can talk about her asociability. How does she become friends with somebody? Does it just take a while or do they have to do something special? Or can she become friends with somebody who's not already a friend at all?

twistedMusician wrote:Easily angered by people who know how to get at her, i.e., directly insulting one of her close friends.

How else can one press her buttons? How insulted does her friends have to be to get her upset? Does she get angry enough to take action?

twistedMusician wrote:Can come off very egotistical due to stubbornness.

Oh? Egotistical? You could go into how she's construed as egotistical due to stubbornness into your personality box.

twistedMusician wrote:Somewhat pessimistic when in regard to own self, she tends to try not to show it though.

What is she pessimistic of? Her ability? Her will?

Is this a button that people can push?

Is she usually able to mask it or does it come out sometimes?

twistedMusician wrote:Likes: Messing with people

How does she mess with people? How much would she mess with people?
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Scorpio Posts : 725
Boondollars : 18797

Back to top Go down

Post by twistedMusician Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks for all the useful information. When I get a chance, I'll finish the personality part, then I'll be done.
twistedMusician
twistedMusician
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by twistedMusician Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 am

I think that I have finished, but I'm not really sure how to remove the "(WIP)" from the title thing, rip. Thanks for the advice.
twistedMusician
twistedMusician
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:38 pm

edit the post and remove the "WIP" thing from the title, bada bing, bada boom
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Leo Posts : 516
Boondollars : 19145

Back to top Go down

Post by tlo Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:57 am

re-approved, it's an exemplary character profile
tlo
tlo
Legacy Administrator

Scorpio Posts : 889
Boondollars : 20300
My Pet : I think she likes you.

Back to top Go down

Post by twistedMusician Sat May 27, 2017 8:17 pm

I updated a few things in this, it should all listed in the "reason for editing" thing at the bottom.
twistedMusician
twistedMusician
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Sat May 27, 2017 11:20 pm

You're aight. Re-approved.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter