Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD]

+12
Havik
skeletalAssociate
nonsensicalDisruption
Vriska's Matesprit
Damnationsedge
undoneSyntax
zoraroastedCoffee
TheChaotic1
PerpetuallyAdroit
V.M.P.
BurdenKing
linguisticallyInspired
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD] - Page 2 Empty Re: God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD]

Post by undoneSyntax Fri May 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Thanks!
undoneSyntax
undoneSyntax
Pesky Urchin

Boondollars : 17127

Back to top Go down

God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD] - Page 2 Empty Re: God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD]

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Fri May 15, 2015 11:07 pm

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t2131-jedd-mendez

I know you have already done a Mage recently but I would really like your opinion on this classpect, Mage of Void.
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17922

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Fri May 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Can I get a few ideas for Bard of Breath?
If you still need help I should be able to provide some assistance in ideas for how aspects and classes combine.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Leo Posts : 263
Boondollars : 17810

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri May 15, 2015 11:40 pm

@PerpetuallyAdroit

Well, well, well. That's my classpect right there! :D
So since this is my classpect, I'll try to be as unbiased as possible... :P

Mage of Void

Mage-One who understands Aspect, One who understands with Aspect, Active understanding class
Void-Related to Secrets, Mystery, Obfuscation

A Mage of Void is one person you will never be able to hide secrets from, if the M.o.V wants to know it, they will, though they will only be able to know stuff that will affect themselves, like plannings against them and the like. Void is also related to the Furthest Ring somehow in which is where the Horrorterrors reside apparently, and thus due to the negative side-effects of the aspect the Mage is, the Horrorterrors will be more than likely to attempt to use the Mage as a pawn, or perhaps their friends, due to the Mage's protection from their aspect.
The M.o.V would also be able to understand how the Void works and how to obfuscate something, maybe like how a Rogue would, like Roxy, who stole the non-existence of an object. The Mage of Void would then be able to know what exactly they have to do to take the non-existence of an object and make it exist, a lot more than the Rogue would, though this power wouldn't be as powerful as the Thief or Rogue.
Mages, as a fore mentioned, tend to suffer from their aspects and create it. It appears Mages end up creating their aspect onto their loved one or end up creating it onto themselves by their loved one. In this case, it has lead me to believe that the Mage could end up manipulated into Voiding the existence of their loved one, or end being manipulated by the loved one to void out someone's existence, or at the least their secrets. This may most likely be the Horrorterrors' doing though, unless it's someone who is able to use mind-control on the Mage (Kurloz and Vriska for examples). The Mage of Void could also suffer from Nothingness, or Obfuscation, either being ignorant of surroundings or people being ignorant of them or both at once.

Not exactly a happy class but would have the potential to become quite powerful if they manage to overcome their aspect and come out in control of it. Once they do, they would be able to understand the secrets of the game, the Horrorterrors and a lot of obfuscated knowledge. The M.o.V should tread lightly on their aspect and hopefully there would be a Sylph or Knight to keep the M.o.V happy and sane.

Inverse: Mage of Void --> Heir of Light
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Capricorn Posts : 612
Boondollars : 18090

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri May 15, 2015 11:44 pm

@Damnationsedge

I suppose the Bard of Breath would be, like all Bards, laid back (Gamzee and Cronus for examples). They would most likely go through some self-revelation, maybe realising that achieving Freedom is almost impossible for them or that they are constantly being manipulated indirectly from someone and they haven't noticed?

Also, I don't exactly need much help anymore, since I have managed to get a couple others who are real great help on this topic of analysis. I wouldn't mind an extra hand however, since that would be helpful. ^ ^
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by undoneSyntax Fri May 15, 2015 11:53 pm

I might actually be able to provide a good explanation for the Bard of Wind

Class: Bard
Aspect: Wind
Character Traits: Considering the duality of the bard class, the bard of wind would most likely come from a life of servitude or otherwise manipulation. This would affect his personality greatly, giving him the impression that the whole world is imprisoning him. The whole point of the Bard class is learning how to control your aspect and merging it with your life, making you a more rounded person. That's why gamzee was a failed Bard of Rage. He could never control his anger when it took over. So, it would make sense that the goal for a Bard of Wind would be to free themselves of servitude while not letting the concept of freedom rule their life.

Possible Powers: Seeing as bards destroy using their aspects, they would likely destroy using literal wind, causing destructive tornados to damage enemies and such. This would also have a second side, in the ability to manipulate their team. Breath players are often emotional backbones to their respective teams, like how John was the leader of his team, and how Tavros was liked by basically everyone. This means that a bard might be able to manipulate their team to cause destruction, which can be very dangerous in itself. These all make the B.O.B. into a potentially very dangerous class for everyone involved.
undoneSyntax
undoneSyntax
Pesky Urchin

Boondollars : 17127

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Fri May 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Ok, let me know any time you want someone to give you some help. For a little challenge how about some of the sites fan stuff. Exile of Frame.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Sat May 16, 2015 12:14 am

Hm, that would be hard. But challenges are meant to be tried so...sure I guess. It will just take some time to do it. :Y

EDIT: I can't find the Exile class
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Sat May 16, 2015 12:33 am

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t2125-class-input
I'm starting to think someone should make a big post of all classes and aspects.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Sat May 16, 2015 1:00 am

Exile of Frame

Exile-One who passively ignores their Aspect
Frame-Related to Context, Position, Timing, Pictures, levelheadedness

An Exile of Frame would most likely be one who ignores how Position and Context of a particular scene affects them. They would be completely ignorant of it and go through whatever they want with no concern for the way things go and because of this, they are unaccepted by their teammates for this, especially since ignorance of context could affect how teamwork goes. They could actually also be somewhat ignorant to their interests in capturing moments of a particular scene, feeling like it won't be of any help to the team and such.
However once they are accepted, they would be able to do some cool things with their pictures and because of their ignorance in Position and Timing, they are able to see the big picture of one entire big squabble. They might also end up ignoring the Levelheadedness of other people, being a passive class and all.
An Exile of Frame's powers would be to ignore the timing of others though they won't seem like they are, and from there, possibly charge through the enemy's positions and such, spreading ignorance of the context and position.

-----

Ugh, this one was tough one to crack...loads of contrasts and such but I hope it's okay? ;/
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Could you please do the Rogue of Blood?

Also, have you considered doing this for Boondollars?

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Sat May 16, 2015 4:57 pm

I'll give this one a shot.

Well Blood is all about ties and obligations and the Rogue is about stealing to benefit others.
Stealing someones ties and obligations could provide them with freedom allowing the Rogue to break a friend out of a deal that they're trapped in or to take away an enemies obligation to fight them. It'd also mean stealing literal blood so the Rogue could serve as a blood donor absorbing blood whenever he cuts a foe and then using it later to help an ally that has been deeply cut and has lost lots of blood. Among Trolls this could be especially useful as it may be possible to take blood from one and use it to aid another such as taking from a noble and giving it to a commoner combining their blue and red blood to raise him to a purple blood. The Rogue himself could become a rainbow of blood colours as he holds all these colours inside him resulting in all kinds of effects.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Sat May 16, 2015 7:57 pm

@Chewwy

No, I have not considered doing this for boondollars. This is pretty much voluntary.
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:04 am

If you're still doing this for free, please analyze a possible classpect for this OC

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t2239-caligu-caesar-wip-twalchohol-addiction#28929
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Libra Posts : 260
Boondollars : 17673

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:53 am

Heir or Bard of either Blood or Breath. Will do all the combo analysis this Sat or so. Also, will now charge for Fanclasspect analysis and session analysis. Price range: 75-150, 80-150 respectively.
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:20 am

Heir of Blood seems about nice though
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:23 pm

At least this isn't a session or a Fanclasspect. Thanks though. Heir of Blood does sound nice because he needs absolute cooperation so that he has the best party evah!!!!!
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Libra Posts : 260
Boondollars : 17673

Back to top Go down

Post by nonsensicalDisruption Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:24 pm

What do you think about the Sylph of Mind?
nonsensicalDisruption
nonsensicalDisruption
Anklebiter

Taurus Posts : 113
Boondollars : 16907

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:52 am

I'll take another shot at it. The Sylph is all about healing either healing their aspect or with their aspect. This means a Sylph of Mind would likely heal others of mental strain and turmoil. If there'd been one of these around for the trolls then keeping Gamzee under wraps would've been much easier and likely this character would do well looking after any other Rage player so that they don't snap. The Sylph can sooth and help relieve their minds and any negative thoughts or behave more villainously by healing people of thoughts that the Sylph doesn't want.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by skeletalAssociate Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:57 am

Hey um, I was wondering if anyone could help with Mage of Space or Knight of Breath.
skeletalAssociate
skeletalAssociate
Bravesprout

Sagittarius Posts : 216
Boondollars : 17188

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:05 am

Well the Knight would exploit and weaponize freedom and wind, using wind as a weapon is exactly what it sounds like while freedom is a little more complex. This would make the Knight a crusader in the name of freedom, think William Wallace.

The Mage would likely be the ultimate physicist able to measure things like space and velocity in his head in seconds. Knowing about space and how it works could also bring in astrology as a knowledge as well as an understanding of the Incipisphere and the planets within it.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by skeletalAssociate Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:22 am

Wow! Thanks!
skeletalAssociate
skeletalAssociate
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:15 am

Oh yeah, by the way skeletal, I've already done a Mage of Space analysis somewhere on the 2nd page.
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by skeletalAssociate Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:26 am

Oh really? Oops sorry.
skeletalAssociate
skeletalAssociate
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:34 pm

No need to apologise! You can just use it as an addition to Damnations' speculation for further understanding. ^ ^
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next