Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD]

+12
Havik
skeletalAssociate
nonsensicalDisruption
Vriska's Matesprit
Damnationsedge
undoneSyntax
zoraroastedCoffee
TheChaotic1
PerpetuallyAdroit
V.M.P.
BurdenKing
linguisticallyInspired
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD] Empty God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD]

Post by linguisticallyInspired Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:38 am

Okay, so I decided I'll help people understand what their different God Tier titles are. Now, I am not an entire expert at this but I've read enough speculations to have enough of an idea on the purpose and characteristics of a particular God Tier is. However, if you want the easy way out, you can use tumblr. So because of that reason, I will do fan classpects which you can't find. Of course, I'll take the time to read up on the thing.

So, if you have a character you'd like me to analyse, please fill in the form below and tell me. I will then proceed to give as detailed as a review and analysis on the character of your choice. For sessions, it really depends, since I would need to read up on quite some people's characters and classpects and piece it together.

Anyways, here's the form. I look forward to analysing your characters. ^u^

Character's Bio Link:
God Tier Title:

[NOTICE 7/4/2015]: I think I need someone else who can do classpect analyses well to help me out. Doing too many at once kinda wears me out so it'll be great if someone can volunteer as a co-analyst. I'll just need 1 - 2 to help me out. If you're willing to help, just PM me. Thank you! POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED!

EDIT[16/5/2015] I will now only do Fanclasses and Aspects by request. I'd rather not spend my time analysing stuff like that if it's not used by everyone

NOTICE 11/6/2015 I will now charge boondollars for session and fanclasses and aspect analysis. Sessions will be about 75-130, fan stuff will be about 80-175. If there's any problems with the price range, don't hesitate to tell me.

NOTICE 10/8/2015 A separate thread containing all the finished speculations will be posted for easy browsing. If you request a finished God Tier title, I'll direct you to the thread with all the posts. This will be the requesting thread and I will place the later speculations on the other thread. Once I'm done, I will link the page with the finished speculations here. This is in order to prevent it from getting too messy and to make it easier for browsing.

Post/Speculation Thread: https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t2374-god-tier-and-session-analysis-and-speculation-post-thread

Analysers:
If the above analysers have done the review instead, boondollars will go to them, and they may charge whatever is reasonable, as long as it's within the price range, more or less

Finished Canon God Tier Titles:

Time

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Space

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Void

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Light

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Mind

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Heart

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Doom

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Life

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Rage

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Hope

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Breath

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Blood

Heir
Witch
Maid
Page
Mage
Seer
Mage
Sylph
Knight
Bard
Prince
Thief
Rogue

Last edited by linguisticallyInspired on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 21 times in total
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Capricorn Posts : 612
Boondollars : 18045

Back to top Go down

God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD] Empty Re: God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD]

Post by linguisticallyInspired Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:27 pm

No one's really been asking so I guess I'll just do individual classpect analysis. I'll do the Time players first then a fan aspect class, then the Space and so on.

Heir of Time

Heir- one who invites influence of [aspect] or influences by [aspect], also a passive changing/manipulation class
Time- as it basically means, time. Also related to death, timelines and rhythm

The Heir of Time is basically protected by Time and protects Time itself plus they can manipulate Time through others, being a passive changing class. Like John's Windy Thing, they'll probably be able to do a Time-y thing which may or may not be the same as the usual Time Shenanigans that all Time players are able to do.
An Heir of Time could be able to influence their team through Time itself, probably providing them with ways to conserve Time and be more efficient in a way. This could be useful for Time Travelling since they would be able to let people change or manage their Time well, creating a different Timeline all together.

Overall, an Heir of Time would be pretty useful to have around in a team, since they could be the potential leaders in a group. Characteristics wise, they may be quite knowledgeable in managing their own Time.

Inverse: Heir of Time --> Mage of Space
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD] Empty Re: God Tier and Session Speculation and Analysis [REQUEST THREAD]

Post by linguisticallyInspired Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Witch of Time

Witch-one who influences [aspect] or is influenced by [aspect], also an active changing class

A Witch of Time is most likely a very powerful class like all Witches are. Damara is an example of a canon Witch of Time, however, I don't know enough about her to use her in examples.
A Witch of Time, being an active manipulation class, would usually do things for her (female pronouns since it's a female leaning class) own benefits. This is one person you should keep on your side at all costs since if she does not have the same goals as your team, it basically is semi-doomed. She would be able to alter timelines for her own needs, probably to achieve something she missed in the timeline.
Also, she could be able to control the Time limit of her own team mates, probably making them waste their Time doing something, or not bothering them, allowing them more Time for accomplishing a task. After ascending God Tier, she may be very well be able to literally control people's Time, like how Jade could control Space (velocity, size, blah, will be covered some time).

Overall, a Witch of Time is a dangerous classpect to have as an enemy since they could possibly shorten your Time, probably giving you a shorter lifespan and such, especially if they reached God Tier already. Personality-wise, a Witch of Time could be pretty manipulative in a way, like some Witches could be (Damara).

Inverse: Witch of Time-->Seer of Space
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Character's Bio Link: https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t1912-noxxia-orphen-the-empty-queen
God Tier Title: Prince of Void
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20681

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Yo, would you mind doing a bard of heart? Do I really need to link a character? You said witch of time is strong, but what exactly is a weak claspect? Who would win in a rap battle, a knight of time or a bard of rage?
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Boondollars : 19557
My Pet : gamlam

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:10 am

@BurdenKing

Prince of Void

Prince- One Who Destroys [Aspect] or Destroys With [Aspect]
Void- Related to Nothingness, Non-Existence, Secrets, The Furthest Ring, Obfuscation, Invisibility

The Prince of Void is one who destroys Void, or in this case, Nothingness. A Prince of Void is one who would never really be trusted with secrets since they would end up exploiting them to the others, in this way, destroying secrets. Another way they could destroy with secrets is probably using them against their enemies. Also they could be able to destroy the existence of something or destroy the non-existence of an object, making it exist, something like what Roxy could do.
Being an active class, their destruction would be no doubt for their own good. Destroying others' secrets and exploiting them could just be a step to maybe allowing themselves to ascend to a higher status. They may very well end up doing things like Eridan, just instead of destroying the Hope of others, they destroy the secrets, existence and such.
It's best to keep the Prince of Void under strict supervision since they can also destroy the Furthest Ring which may end up placing their team under great danger. This could end up angering the Horrorterrors, though another way around is that the Prince of Void may end up controlled by the horrorterrors, unleashing destruction of all the above mentioned (Void.

Overall, a Prince of Void could be a great danger to the team if they're not kept under supervision by maybe a Sylph of some other healing class. Being a destruction class as well would cause quite some problems for the session to be successful.

Inverse: Prince of Void --> Maid of Light
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:38 am

@V.M.P
You don't necessarily need to link a character, it's just for if you want me to suggest a different Title if it doesn't fit your character. Also, I'm pretty sure a Knight of Time would definitely win a rap battle, especially if it's Dave. Don't think I didn't notice that reference there. For Strong and Weak classes, it all really depends on the arrangement I guess, but usually Destruction and Manipulation classes would be the so-called 'Strongest' if you're talking about physically.

Bard of Heart

Bard- One who invites destruction of [Aspect], a passive destruction class
Heart- Related to the Soul, Emotions, Motivation

The Bard of Heart could be able to destroy people's Soul through others. Probably influencing others to break others down however not in a way a Bard of Mind would. They could make others feel really distraught and wary of emotions because of maybe something the Bard of Heart has said purposely. However, Bards tend to change the way they destroy something through their aspect, take Gamzee for example. He became Terezi's kismesis and inspired Rage through her, he went around killing people inspiring Rage through others like Kanaya I guess?
Also, they could also make others feel unmotivated, maybe by destroying something or someone precious to them? In this way they could even destroy the 'Soul' of others, heck they could also make someone kill themselves or something.

Overall, a Bard of Heart isn't really someone you'd want to have around your team. They could also be very pessimistic people with a deep hatred for people or maybe they're sadists.

Inverse: Bard of Heart-->Maid of Mind

Sorry for the short review, I couldn't really understand this class much, since Heart can be kinda similar to Life and Blood.
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:49 am

Mage of Space.

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t2031-taston-dextet

This topic is great by the way, I love things like this.
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17877

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:44 am

@PerpetuallyAdroit

Thank you!

Mage of Space

Mage- One who understands [Aspect], active understanding class
Space- Related to Size, Velocity, Frogs, Creation, Life

In a way, the Mage of Space would be able to understand the process of creating the Genesis Frog, probably making them good frog breeders. They would be able to know what to create for their own benefit of themselves, or maybe for their own team, if they have the same goals as them.
However, Mages tend to be negatively affected by their aspect, like how Sollux as the Mage of Doom has died a whole lot more times than his team members and how Meulin is controlled by Kurloz by her Soul. So the Mage of Space could be affected by what they create or maybe their creations occasionally backfire on them. Emotion-wise, they might dislike their own life or something like that.
Fortunately, Mages' aspects tend to bounce back and they are also protected by it, like how Sollux had multiple dreamselves and Meulin not suffering from severe heartbreak after the sad end to Kurloz and herself's matespritship. In this case, the Mage of Space could be protected by Space meaning they might end up being able to fix what they did wrong despite being hurt by what they created.
Mages also seem to be able to create their aspect, like how Sollux is quite skilled with the ~ath programming and how Meulin is great with shipping others and acting as a great matchmaker. This leads me to believe that the Mage of Space would be able to create a successful universe or Genesis Frog though they may suffer severe consequences after doing so.

Overall, the Mage of Space would be a handy player to have in a team since they have such a deep understanding of their aspect. The only drawback is that their creations may end up harming them and probably those around them, depending on what it is.

Inverse: Mage of Space --> Heir of Time
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:49 am

Maid of Time

Maid- One who creates with [aspect]or One who creates [Aspect] Active creation class

A Maid of Time would be able to create Time for themselves, being an Active class and all. They would be able to spare themselves from any point of death, creating a new timeline where it ensures their own survival, and possibly their team mates. Take Aradia for example, she managed to avoid her complete death twice or so, the final revival with her being completely alive.
If the Maid of Time has the same goals of their team, then it'll be pretty useful, being able to create an alternate timeline where their team survives, themselves included. However, they may not be able to ensure the survival of ALL their team mates, since that may be the job of their passive counterpart, the Page.
One way they could create with Time is possibly clockwork stuff and all, since clockwork stuff are also kind of associated with Time. For rhythmic sense, they might be musically gifted, or able to create rhythm games or give themselves a rather good sense of rhythm so they don't get disorientated and all that.

In conclusion, a Maid of Time can be useful if they are on the same side as their teammates. If they aren't then, well, they might be selfish people who only work towards their own survival in doomed timelines.

Inverse: Maid of Time-->Bard of Space

Last edited by linguisticallyInspired on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Thief of doom?

Also, aren't all the classes capable of good also capable of great assholery? I assumed the destroyer classes would be useful when their aspect makes the team shitty and they really need the inverse aspect.
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:59 pm

@V.M.P

Yes, that is a possibility. It all really depends on how the people choose to use it, after all God Tier Titles are for the improvement and growth of the particular individual. Also, I'm not too sure about the destroyer classes' usefulness. Then again, it depends on how they use it, whether it's for their own good or their team's.

Thief of Doom

Thief-One who steals with [Aspect], One who steals [Aspect], Active Stealing Class
Doom-Related to Fate, Death, Sacrifices

The Thief of Doom is a pretty unlucky class, stealing Doom for themselves and all, though they may be quite the over-confident one like both our canon thieves, Vriska and Meenah. In a way, the T.o.D would be able to take away the Doom of others through their own conscience, since they might secretly be very kind people, hiding under a facade. Also, stealing others' Doom for themselves may very well lead to their own demise, holding so much Doom, leading to their own sacrifice for their teammates' selves.
However, Thieves are able to somehow distribute their aspect if they want to, this probably leading to the rest of their team's demise. One way they could steal with Doom is though, probably taking others' Sacrifices upon themselves or stealing others' Fates, good or bad, depending on their own motives.

In the end, the Thief of Doom is a pretty unlucky class since there's a very high possibility of them dying after sacrificing themselves to prevent the Doom of their team. If they are able to control the theft of Doom through a balance of selfishness and selflessness however, this might be prevented somehow.

Inverse: Thief of Doom-Page of Life
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:04 pm

Seems like I keep on picking unlucky assholes, but fuck it yo, this aint specific, but could you tell me some possible powers a heart player have?

Also, do you prefer calling these fuckers players or hero
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Page of Time

Page-One who invites creation of [Aspect], One who invites creation through [Aspect], Passive creation class
Time- as it basically means, time. Also related to Death, Timelines and Rhythm

The Page of Time has a great potential to create useful Timelines for their team mates. Downside is, they probably won't be able to realise it until they reach God Tier. Pages all have great potential in the building and help of their team and once they grow, they'll be a huge help. In this case, the P.o.T may be able to supply Time to their team mates, allowing them more Time to create whatever is needed. Also, they may be able to create timelines passively through the help of their team mates but once they are a fully realised Page, they would be able to independently assist in the growth and building of their team mates.
They also might be secretly good at creating music but fail to notice that fact, and their music ends up assisting their team in a way, probably acting as some sort of inspiration. However, they may end up causing a particular death of a team mate or something, whether to benefit themselves or the team. Maybe the team mate is a destructive cause, so their death was a good contribution, or the team mate was someone who kept interfering with the Page but not too much with the team, making it a selfish cause for the Page themselves.

Pages are usually quite timid when they start out, but once they grow, they may very well be the most confident and out going people you'd ever meet, next to the Thief of course. This player can be a huge benefit to the team, as long as they know how to use their powers properly and avoid creating a a doomed Timeline.

Inverse: Page of Time --> Thief of Space
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:20 pm

V.M.P. wrote:Seems like I keep on picking unlucky assholes, but fuck it yo, this aint specific, but could you tell me some possible powers a heart player have?

Also, do you prefer calling these fuckers players or hero

Well, a Heart player could definitely have something like how MindDirk(Jake's illusion of Dirk or whatever you call that) could do, extracting the Soul out of a person's body. However, that's most likely only exclusive to Princes of Heart. So, their powers would definitely have something to do with the Soul.
For a Sylph, they can heal with the Soul, mending a broken heart and all that.
A Rogue could take away the Souls and Motivations of their enemies and give it to their team mates.

and so on.

I guess screwers/messed ups (sorry I'm not one for swearing) would be an appropriate term, though no matter what, they're all called Heroes no matter what. Screwed up classpects or not.
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChaotic1 Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:48 pm

What is your take on Maid of Mind?
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Gemini Posts : 1329
Boondollars : 23890
My Pet : Blue Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : EYES

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:49 am

@ The.Chaotic.1

Maid of Mind

Maid-One who creates with [Aspect], One who creates [Aspect]
Mind-Related to Thoughts, Decisions, Justice, Logic

A Maid of Mind would most probably have a strong sense of Justice, being able to supply themselves with it and all. They would never run short on decisions since they would always be able to find some way or another to inspire themselves and think on the most justifiable situation. In any situation they find which lacks a sense of Justice they'd rather have, no problem, they'd be able to create that situation, either literally if they have ascended God Tier, or influentially, sharing their own thoughts with others to let things go somewhat their way.
The M.o.M could be somewhat manipulative in a way, but not so much as a Witch. They could be able to create Thoughts for themselves to follow and would probably be pretty good at following their own advice. In terms of Mind-ish stuff, they also could be able to create Mind games for themselves to solve or for others, depending on their particular motives.

In conclusion, a Maid of Mind could serve as a decision maker for a group which has no sense of direction plus they won't be too much of a danger to their group, as long as they make the right decisions for themselves. If however, they do not, then it would be best to have someone else to supervise them and guide them, like maybe a Seer. But that would be unlikely, as long as they do create a logical decision for themselves.

Inverse: Maid of Mind-->Bard of Heart

Last edited by linguisticallyInspired on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Can you do a seer of breath analysis?

Back to top Go down

Post by zoraroastedCoffee Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:01 pm

-

Last edited by zoraroastedCoffee on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
zoraroastedCoffee
zoraroastedCoffee
Fidgety Bopper

Boondollars : 16914

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Hey zorra, thanks for answering. But if you're going to do this, please tell me. I like to know about my workload whenever I can and what is happening to it.
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by zoraroastedCoffee Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Sorry.
zoraroastedCoffee
zoraroastedCoffee
Fidgety Bopper

Boondollars : 16914

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:53 pm

No, don't worry about it. If you'd like though, you can help me out with the answerings. Just make sure to PM me about it.

@.chewwy

Seer of Breath

Seer-One who invites knowledge of [Aspect], One who invites knowledge through [Aspect], passive understanding class
Breath-Related to Freedom, Breeze, Motion of Living Things

A Seer of Breath would be able to allow their team to understand what is needed for Freedom. They would be able to understand how living things move and what it takes to have Freedom and share that knowledge with their teammates. A Seer of Breath could also be a very 'Free' person, freely explaining stuff to their friends, allowing their team a slight insight on the Freedom of the S.o.B. They could also see the possibilities that will arise from strong independent action and motivations, and work to bring everyone towards what versions of the future they wish that they can see arising from that.
For example seeing the possibilities that would arise from undertaking a long journey, or the benefits and dangers of a quest. They could single out and council people who they think will be able to wield especially great influence on their own.
Another possible factor would be that the S.o.B could be able to understand how the consorts work and give that knowledge to their team to help them have more knowledge on their consorts. Also, they could be able to learn from the Breeze, like how it moves and understand where a particular object or person is from the Breeze.
A Seer of Breath's challenge could be to learn how to input their knowledge of BREATH to their team's tasks and act as assistants. This would especially be challenging if the Seer of Breath is an overly free-spirited person with too much knowledge to give around.

Overall, a realised Seer of Breath would be able to serve as a good companion to others, giving their team an understanding on what to do if they're stuck in a very tight situation, thus giving them knowledge on Freedom. One thing to watch out for though, is that the Seer's knowledge on Breath might cause too much freedom which can be a bad thing, possibly causing their team to know how to breach the rules and such.

Inverse: Seer of Breath-->Witch of Blood
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri May 15, 2015 9:42 am

Mage of Time

Mage - One who understands [Aspect], One who understands with [Aspect], an Active understanding class
Time - Rhythm, Order, Timelines, also has some connection to death

For this classpect, we could take it both ways, understanding with Time-based objects, or understand with Time as it goes on. I'd like it to take it both ways instead of one-way. A Mage of Time would be able to have a great understanding on how clockwork stuff work and how the Time is like and everything. They could probably be some whiz at clockwork machinery stuff in fact! However, it could take them Time to understand the session's Timelines fully, though once they do, they'll be an amazing asset to the team, or themselves, depending on whether they like to share or not. Active classes are mainly 'me, me' sort of classes.
The Mage of Time would most likely be able to figure out the best path for them to go through and if there's any unfortunate events awaiting the path they took. They might be able to tell if someone is going to be involved in that unfortunate event they are going to experience together and could choose to take the path that assists the individual's friend, or saves the individual themselves. However, unlike a Seer, they are unable to foresee the future. They would be more of a person who gains their knowledge from their own theories and predict the outcome of something, a little like a fortune teller would.
Mages also tend to suffer from their aspect, and in this case, the M.o.T would suffer from their Time Shenanigans, being unable to use it excessively, probably aging every time they time travel, losing someone they grew close to in another Timeline, being hurt by their own clockwork, etc. However since Mages have a deep understanding of their [Aspect], they should be able to know when to Time travel or not. Their knowledge on the doomed session they are in, would be able to allow themselves to time travel and possibly assist themselves or their friends physically, pointing out the things they have to change in order to not make that session doomed.
Their challenge would be, like any other Mage, to overcome their Aspect's negative side effects and come out in control of it. Also, they would have to learn take the Time to understand things and not rush through everything so consistently and Understand Time in their own way.

Inverse: Mage of Time ---> Heir of Space
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by undoneSyntax Fri May 15, 2015 11:19 am

Character's Bio Link: https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t2141-erin-cervas
God Tier Title: Rogue of Time
Other: Erin is a second generation Rogue of Time, having been raised by an older version of himself.
undoneSyntax
undoneSyntax
Pesky Urchin

Boondollars : 17082

Back to top Go down

Post by linguisticallyInspired Fri May 15, 2015 9:14 pm

@undoneSyntax

Rogue of Time

Rogue- One who invites Theft of [Aspect], One who invites Theft through [Aspect], Passive Stealing Class
Time - Rhythm, Order, Timelines, also has some connection to death

A Rogue of Time, as a passive class, would be able to assist their friends by taking away the enemy's Time and giving it to them, allowing their teammates more Time to do things while their enemy panics over the lack of Time they have. They would also push their enemies around on the timeline a lot, marginalizing them by sending them to times where they cant be very effective, while sending their friends to the most advantageous moments and the longest stretches where they can accomplish whatever it was they needed to do.
A R.o.T, being a Time player would be bound to have some interest in death, probably enjoying taking dead things from other people and showing them to their friends or they just like going to funerals or something along those lines. Also, Time players seem to be musically talented or at least enjoy music in some way so in this way, the R.o.T would as well. Also, passive classes tend to lean towards their aspect's antithesis in some way, so the R.o.T would lean towards some interest in Space, probably the velocity of objects, things like that.
This Rogue would also be able to Time Travel and steal a particular item from a different timeline and give it to their friends. Failing session because of a particular mishap with an object? No worries, the Rogue of Time would be able to recover the object from a different Timeline and give it to their teammates to retry again. A Rogue of Time would definitely be of use to the team as most Time players are.

Inverse: Rogue of Time --> Knight of Space

Hope this helped!
linguisticallyInspired
linguisticallyInspired
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next