Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Sburb: Linchpin

+8
PerpetuallyAdroit
DistantRed
nonsensicalDisruption
avidBowmaster
lazyMarauder
BurdenKing
duelingThoughts
roamingInk
12 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sburb: Linchpin - Page 4 Empty Re: Sburb: Linchpin

Post by Loki Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:26 pm

I hear that another human is needed. So, I'll volunteer my Witch of Void, Skye Dawson. Her profile has her as a Derse dreamer, but I can switch her to Prospit for the RP.
Loki
Loki
Scurrywart

Cancer Posts : 695
Boondollars : 20188
Location : Land of Frogs and Rain/Land of Light and Shadow/Land of Snow and Shadow
My Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingInk Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Our Fourth and final human has been claimed. The thread will be up tomorrow morning. Chummy
roamingInk
roamingInk
Juvesquirt

Boondollars : 16597

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Hey dudes, if I'm reading this correct, one of you humans tossed a sketchbook in the prototype, and roam stuck a plant in there.

Shouldn't that mean all Imps are papery plant things? Gunna be a lot of nasty paper cuts I bet xD

Or maybe they just wield pencils now?
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Virgo Posts : 399
Boondollars : 19428

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingInk Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:45 pm

From how I understood it, the imps only take on the characteristic of their Planet's kid's protoyping - until they reach the second gate or something, where they become more diverse.

John's imps were harlequin in nature, Rose had cat-wizard imps...though Dave and Jade both had clown-based imps? My thoughts on this are that we only saw their lands a bit later on in the game?

Or Rose is just a special case.

Is that right?

Thoughts, opinions?
roamingInk
roamingInk
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:01 pm

That was due to the order, who ever threw their thing in there first, changed the imps. So John was first, so they were all harlequins. Then rose came in, and added the princess part, then dave, which added the sword/bird stuff, then lastly bec was prototyped giving everything doggy/reality warping powers.

It progressively becomes more complex as players enter the medium with prototypes, but no, there are no individual classed imps. Prototyping separates the information of the object into light and dark parts, which in turns changes all of the kingdom (except the carapacians, which are citizens and not soldier type entities)
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingInk Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:07 pm

I know what you're saying - but I guess I just didn't see a lot of John's influence in Rose's imps, and I didn't see any of Dave's protoyping of the crow/cal/himself until later on. John and Jade's both had a significant impact everyone's but Rose's, which are predominantly cat and wizard themed throughout.

What made Rose's and Dave's imps different?
roamingInk
roamingInk
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:27 pm

They were derse dreamers?

If we look back at the troll session, we see that the derse dreamers prototypes affected the prospit dreamers monsters and vice versa. This leads me to believe that until all the players leave their world, the monsters are segregated into prospit and derse monsters.

This would explain why later on, when John is performing the scratch, the monsters he 'a fighting are god like beings. Also, it explains why when Jade entered her game, she only faught an imp with reality powers and lacked any features from previous prototypes.
As the players progress, they are attacked my more complex monsters maybe, or only some groups inherent certain prototype traits.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20706

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Sburb: Linchpin - Page 4 01582
Sburb: Linchpin - Page 4 Latest?cb=20100311115308

The majority of those look pretty harlequin-sih with their jester hats to me. I've always seen it interpreted as the prototyping process being progressive, and stacked on top of each other.
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:35 pm

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Imp

Actually, I read the wiki, and it seems that there is no hardline ruling on how the prototypes are handled imp to individual imp. They could have any variation of any number of prototypes in a given land, so long as the number of prototyped things is greater than one.

So you could encounter theoretically, all plant based imps as well as all sketchbook imps, but you're probably more likely to encounter a mix of both (assuming that those are the only two prototyped things in the session at the time).
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Huh, okay the. I guess that makes sense. Somewhat. Brings into question the troll session a little, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingInk Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Fair enough! So at this point in time, all imps have a plant-sketchpad influence (though some may be either or).

So, vine-like arms mark the plant-imps...what could define the sketch pad? Pencil weapons sounds cool, as was mentioned earlier...but other ideas that are more like a sketch pad rather than related to one are welcome :)
Loki was aying something about the Sprite Skye had changing to match some of the drawings inside, which could be interesting and offer a lot of diversity.
roamingInk
roamingInk
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:55 pm

You can actually see some pictures at the bottom of the troll imps, where they are fitting various iterations of lusus hybrid monsters, few of them are the same, but all are pretty much similar.

Also, unrelated, what should Oro's pet name for Noxxia be? I was going to keep with your pattern and use the first three letters, but Nox does not seem very endearing.

Noxy maybe?
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Noxi? xia? Orphi?
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Just so we're keeping track of what gets put in, we have a Sketchbook, a Venus Fly Trap, and a Bear prototyped.

I'm thinking that maybe the paper imps have some sort of crude chameleon abilities? Like, their skin turns into a sketch of whatever object is behind it? Maybe even be able to summon items that were sketched into the book?

Venus Fly trap, and bear seems pretty simple enough. Though maybe the mixed one, could have the venus fly trap part spit out little paper shards, and use its mouth to crush us like a bear.

Our King and Queen will certainly be odd looking, but I don't think they'll necessarily be ridiculous.... until the last item in is absolutely off-the-what.

duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by nonsensicalDisruption Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Oh gog what if the last prototype is like a bucket of something?
nonsensicalDisruption
nonsensicalDisruption
Anklebiter

Taurus Posts : 113
Boondollars : 16887

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:05 pm

I can see Tryn doing that XD

But yeah, I might draw this, it sounds like it'd be interesting to see
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Remember that queen we were going to draw in U.D.S.? Good times :P
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Would be funny if we had to fight multicoloured bears with Venus fly trap mouths, fucking predators bear.
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17902

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:09 pm

duelingThoughts wrote:Remember that queen we were going to draw in U.D.S.? Good times :P

that was a hard design
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:15 pm

I felt like this needed to be plopped here cause reasons:

"Right so Tynd makes a deal with Heph, after accidentally fucking up his session, to somehow complete the scratch to give the trolls another chance. He allows for tynd to be transported to the human universe. Tynd's goal is to get a spine from the humans denizen, Echinda, so that he can complete the scratch (Cuz the troll echinda is dead or some shit). However the human echinda won't give it to them, so Tynd needs to kill her. However this would mean that the humans would not get to make their universe if she died. So it is a conflict of equal, reasonable proportions for either side" - PerpetuallyAdroit

So basically, so others are informed of what we hope to go down in the late game, is that the trolls are divided on what to do, basically, in how to win the game. People like Nox and probably Oro are tolerant enough of the humans, and desperate enough for an immediate solution, to just join the human session through Tynd (the original plan) and make a shared universe.

Meanwhile, due to distrusting trollish reasons (and probably Tynd), there are others who don't feel like that is the best plan, and that instead they should follow the deals outlined above to start over and win the game of their own merits, or some other similar reasoning... and also probably because some of them don't think simply joining them will even actually WORK, but know for sure that the deals can work.

So there will be like, a Pro-scratch/Fuck-Humans Troll side, and an Anti-scratch/Humans-whatever Troll side.

Did I get that all right?
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:34 pm

seems so. Team Share for the win!
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:48 pm

duelingThoughts wrote:I felt like this needed to be plopped here cause reasons:

"Right so Tynd makes a deal with Heph, after accidentally fucking up his session, to somehow complete the scratch to give the trolls another chance. He allows for tynd to be transported to the human universe. Tynd's goal is to get a spine from the humans denizen, Echinda, so that he can complete the scratch (Cuz the troll echinda is dead or some shit). However the human echinda won't give it to them, so Tynd needs to kill her. However this would mean that the humans would not get to make their universe if she died. So it is a conflict of equal, reasonable proportions for either side" - PerpetuallyAdroit

So basically, so others are informed of what we hope to go down in the late game, is that the trolls are divided on what to do, basically, in how to win the game. People like Nox and probably Oro are tolerant enough of the humans, and desperate enough for an immediate solution, to just join the human session through Tynd (the original plan) and make a shared universe.

Meanwhile, due to distrusting trollish reasons (and probably Tynd), there are others who don't feel like that is the best plan, and that instead they should follow the deals outlined above to start over and win the game of their own merits, or some other similar reasoning... and also probably because some of them don't think simply joining them will even actually WORK, but know for sure that the deals can work.

So there will be like, a Pro-scratch/Fuck-Humans Troll side, and an Anti-scratch/Humans-whatever Troll side.

Did I get that all right?

Also the trolls would arrive at the Human session via a golden ship style cross session journey which will explain what they were doing while Tynd was on Earth. They also wouldn't be physically arriving immediately but will be influencing it via pesterchum/trollian.

Also all of this is just a suggestion and we will wait for Roams opinion/suggestions/approval on this idea.
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17902

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:58 pm

^ what he said
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingInk Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 pm

I love it~ Consider it this AU's cannon :)
roamingInk
roamingInk
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:29 am

Is that human space still available? I said I'd like to take it a while back on page 2 but never got any clarification.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Leo Posts : 263
Boondollars : 17790

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next