Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Joker Takeover

+2
BurdenKing
friendlyJoker
6 posters

Go down

Joker Takeover Empty Joker Takeover

Post by friendlyJoker Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:51 am

as is it now, this is site will fall

but when it does, i do not want to see it forgoten

skype has bring some of us togheter, and other apart.

but as i need to leave my city to start my studies, i will ask for you to follow me once more into the oblivion

one last group meeting

you may do as you wish

but i open on this very Post, a new "chat"

WeLcOmE bRoThErS aNd SiStErS
TO JOKERLAND
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Boondollars : 18181

Back to top Go down

Joker Takeover Empty Re: Joker Takeover

Post by BurdenKing Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:53 am

Honestly, we just to establish a new power structure to replace the old. I already placed an application to be made a mod on this website, and if i get accepted, I'll have literally nothing stopping me from running the site out of this dead spiral. However, if this is made undoable, maybe we should discuss our next refuge of Homestuck roleplaying, or means to keep this place alive long enough for a new surge of players to join
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20726

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:27 pm

and why do you need to be admin to bring life to a dead chat?

i dont see what could you do with those powers that you couldnt do now
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:17 pm

A couple of points.

1.) Homestuck's fate pretty much spells out this forum's fate. With an actual ending to a Sburb session, we'll know how to end a Sburb session here. More answers are ALWAYS appreciated by me. A second season would reeeeeeeeally be nice which would reeeeeeeeally help this site. Hiveswap as well really helps us a whole lot. The success of Homestuck and Hiveswap are paramount to this site. We are the second link on Google for Homestuck roleplay, so I would say as an estimated amount 2% of Homestuck fans will come here.

What can we do about this? Not much. Adapting canon "rules" to OCs will help a lot. As an example, if it turns out that every burgundy blood's psionic power is telekinesis then that would be a guideline we can have here. Hiveswap gives us new "rules" because there's no ancestry between the new humans trolls and the humans and trolls we have in Homestuck, iirc.

2.) As I touched on with 1, we have a bit of a niche audience. The people coming here are people wanting enough to roleplay Homestuck on a forum and end up actually doing it, and on top of this, most of the site is OC. The only canon RP in a while was a mixed canon/OC RP made by BurdenKing.

What can we do about this? Two things.

a.) More canon RP would get us more people. I personally don't appreciate canon RP, but I'd be willing to try.

b.) I know some of you have friends. If they like Homestuck RP, suggest this site. If they like Homestuck, suggest RP to them. If they've never encountered Homestuck, suggest it to them. Do this for your friends and for the site. Go ahead, go do it now. The only "bad" things they could say are that they don't like the site or they don't like Homestuck. Maybe after Homestuck finishes, we could get some non-Homestuck fans rp-ing OCs? That'd be an interesting change of pace. So if we get that, you could introduce your non-Homestuck friends here. Hell, introduce your enemies and complete strangers here. Oh, and your quadrants as well (yes, even the leprechaun quadrants).

3.) More RP would probably help as well. I still feel that an RP where one can be replaced if one takes too long. We currently have only ONE open RP which is closing quite soon as well ;).

What can we do? More RP. Small RPs would really hekp out this site. I do have a few planned ;).

4.) I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of any more currently.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Scorpio Posts : 725
Boondollars : 18907

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:57 pm

How about we also broaden our rp types? I mean, it's all just sessions and shit. We could expand it to ancestor games, which i need to post in mine, consort games where you play denizens trying to liv ein a world, prospit and dersite games where you play a character in their war, or hell even a game where you play as Denizens if we can figure that multidementional bullshit out.

Honestly, with the holiday season and finals and such all happening so recently, I can imagine people coming back here. This forum won't die until we let it honestly.

Also, Joker, If I had official recognition, there'd be no chance someone could say "You aren't a mod, so you can't tell mne what to do" going around. I mean, I would be perfectly willing to mod this place, but I have no legit power here. I'd at best be a honorary mod if people voted for me to be one.

ALSO, also, Red, I'll try to finish my Gypsy troll soon. Been really busy for the past while with my other games XD
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:39 pm

sooo....the only reason you want to be a mod, is for people to listen to you as a superior, okey

and red, my dear, DEAR peasentblood, so long no see, but everything that you said would make no diference. you are talking about changing the rules to a place were should be close to none of them. you are wanting to restric the imagination to make it closer to the original piece of work. and thats not how it works, besides, puting or changing rules isnt going to help bring people over here, or make people come back to rp in this place.
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:23 am

I do not mean OFFICIAL rules. They're more guidelines. No real power behind them. One example of one of these "rules" is "no troll blood not on the hemospectrum" which is broken by Homestuck itself twice (I dunno about Hiveswap). There's also the "8-letter 8-letter" "rule" with ancestors (which is broken multiple times). Homestuck has MANY exceptions to its rules, so by no means am I saying that there shouldn't be exceptions to these.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:01 am

sooo....the only thing you are saying is.
keep doing whatever you are doing
im just going to make the rule list a little bit bigger, even though you dont need them and you will not read them
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:55 am

It's more keeping up to date than enforcing anything. I shouldn't have said "rules", because as Homestuck continues on there's new stuff as well. New knowledge; new class knowledge, new aspect knowledge, new knowledge on trolls, hell even a whole new species, two sets of ancestor, etc. As the series (with hiveswap on the way, it is a series, I believe?) progresses there may have to be new things to think about when making a character. We don't even really need the new stuff in writing per se.

Oh, and no, Joker, this site is not ending, because I am only beginning. It's not over until the last person leaves forever.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:57 pm

No Joker, not to feel superior. To have a modicum of actual authority, otherwise i'm just some asshat telling people things.

Anyways, yeah Red is right. The site is a bit outdated, and we need to bring it into he modern knowledge.

Also also, Do you have any ideas on how we can help this site instead of 100% pessimism?
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tlo Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:55 pm

Joker, stop bein a dick. Not everyone understands you're a perpetual devil's advocate.

But on the point of pessimism, I was gonna say what Red said about HS ending/etc, it honestly just matters. Roleplaying on this fandom has always been a moot point, cause the people who rp are the ones who like it for the trolls, not the ones who like it for the complexities. Thus people honestly don't care for 'rules' like hemospectrum restrictions and whatnot.

So yeah, a fluff post besides saying that if I really wanna, I can make a dead site float. Jus need a reason, tbq,bh.
tlo
tlo
Legacy Administrator

Scorpio Posts : 889
Boondollars : 20410
My Pet : I think she likes you.

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Well to be honest I love the complexities and various thing sof the game, it's just I have this thing where I vie wplaying human characters as boring due to the intense familiarity XD
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:47 am

BurdenKing wrote:No Joker, not to feel superior. To have a modicum of actual authority, otherwise i'm just some asshat telling people things.
Whats the difference? what you are saying is that you would like to have the HolyBanHammertm
at your hand whenever you talk so you can look superior/authoritarian over the right and wrong. Everything could be fixed with some talking, no exeptions. Even for those who troll, you can fix with out the HBHtm

tlo wrote:Joker, stop bein a dick. Not everyone understands you're a perpetual devil's advocate.
i cant, my dick pays the internet
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by dexterousSurvivalist Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Now now! Play nice kids. ;) Try not to do any funny business.~
dexterousSurvivalist
dexterousSurvivalist
Admin

Aquarius Posts : 725
Boondollars : 23367

Back to top Go down

Post by NightmareKeeper Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Joker, for goodness sake, what BurdenKing means is that if they were a mod, or admin, if their name wears the color and this identifies them as a higher rank, people will actually listen and think about what they are saying in a different way because, as they said, they'd have some authority.

But they're not looking forwards to have that authority just to make people listen to them and do stuff.

I passed by just to explain this fact because you were not understanding it. When you have authority somewhere your words are listened to in a different way than if you're just someone among the general population.

Please i'd like not to be involved in any kind of arguments that you decide to start.

Thanks. Have a good day, whoever you are.
NightmareKeeper
NightmareKeeper
Nipper Cadet

Gemini Posts : 181
Boondollars : 17632

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ishadelusethadroiter

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:56 pm

people would listen? we all know eachother on this site. Why would someone not listen?

and by the way noc, you know me, what part of this made you think i didnt understand what was going on :-3
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by NightmareKeeper Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:43 am

1. My name is NightmareKeeper
2. I explained that, and if you were understanding what was going on, though obviously you still aren't, you're not acting like it.
NightmareKeeper
NightmareKeeper
Nipper Cadet

Gemini Posts : 181
Boondollars : 17632

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ishadelusethadroiter

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:33 pm

NightmareKeeper wrote:1. My name is NightmareKeeper
Sure thing Dex

NightmareKeeper wrote:2. I explained that, and if you were understanding what was going on, though obviously you still aren't, you're not acting like it.

Joker Takeover 937cf910
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down