Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:50 am

Jomm nodded. "Yep, that's me." He stood as rigid and straight as he could, keeping his chin up and shoulders back. When the Captain requested that he come inside, the young man began walking towards the mech's doors. He adjusted one of the sleeves on his brown leather jacket, walking into the mech.

He could vaguely recognize the blonde girl. Jomm had seen her in passing once or twice, but couldn't put a name to the face. He'd never spoken to her, but she seemed a bit familiar. Jomm gave her a friendly smile as he passed and a slight nod of the head as a greeting.

"Y'all got something for me, and I have something for you." 

Jomm took off the water storage backpack, and unhooked the Left Cross Engine from his belt. 

"I had to mock it up out of spare parts, but with better materials, your technicians could easily mass produce it. It can apply incredible blunt force with nothing but a strike. At least eight times the force of a sledgehammer. Would be great for demolition, facility breaching, or, if you're pugilistically inclined, it's a useful weapon." 
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Boondollars : 19624

Back to top Go down

Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth

Post by temporaryAbsent Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:43 pm

After talking to the general, Cara went back to the review, nervously holding the piece of paper she received.
‘Me, as a Senior Engineer??? That’s amazing!!!! Though, I’m not sure if I fit for the title…’ she thought, a little bit spacing out.
The acting officer had to repeat her name twice, before she heard it. She hurried in, bit uncertain about the offered title.
‘Uhmm, Sir… The General said me to tell you this code: Alpha Code Seven’ she rambled, putting the paper on the desk as proof.
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Pisces Posts : 81
Boondollars : 15832

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Veekus looked as the captain fell under the blunt trauma from the mysterious women. Before he could get up he started to fade out... Moments later to Veekus, he woke up. but not on the burning stage but in a hospital bed. He looked to his right for a window and saw that he couldn't see much besides apartment complex beyond apartment complex. "Vhere am I?" said Veekus to himself. He sat up and tried to hop out of bed only to fall onto the ground, partially weak. crawling to the window frame and pulling him self up he looked out to see with relief that he was indeed still in the Utschenbach Empire by the way they constructed their homes.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Virgo Posts : 514
Boondollars : 20053

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:38 am

(OOC: So how are you guys feeling about where the story's going? Good or bad?)
@genocidalLibels
In the head administration office of the URW, everyone has been running around with stacks of papers and phones hanging in their ears. It was the start of school and new students have been scouted and enrolled and it seemed that the number of students have increase over 5% more than last year's batch. In one office sat Travay, one of the first batch of trolls ever to graduate with a degree in the university. She was busy accepting calls when the guy in white came in to her cubicle.
"Excuse me, ma'am but something has come up. You will be automatically routed to another receiver immediately." She put the phone down and looked at the guy in white. "Nice to see you again Blanco. Thought you were in the boring part of the country. Oh wait, I forgot you had powers."
"Yeah. I used my powers. Huge mistake I know. Also, around a few minutes later, some kid's gonna' call and say that they've been scouted by me. Admit 'em but don't send the form until the day before the deadline. This way, they'll be admitted without a huge spanning background check."
"You sure about that? If they trace the message to me then..."
"Then you deny it then. Simple as that."
On cue, the phone rings and as Travay picked it up, Blanco was gone.

@pankrationResolution (OOC: the blonde's a guy and the captain. the girl was black haired.)
"Nice one kid. Though we may only use this as a sort of failsafe in case some Rassisten guys come over and kick our asses. Oh, and I'd like ya' to meet my assisstant/ secretary Maya." He gestured to the girl with long black hair who smiled.
"Since you've done the team a great honor, we'd like to give ya' your official badge and uniform. Maya, if you please."
Maya then ran to the back of the mech and returned with a blue uniform and on top was a golden badge with the seal of the Allegiance.
"Welcome to the team kid."

@temporaryAbsent
"So you're the girl the general has had interest in? Alright, you have been assigned to Outpost #10. See Major Fashji. He'll be your acting officer." The officer opened the desk and fished out a letter with the seal of the caliph. "If you do see him. Give him this letter and say that you're part of Operation Crawler. Understood? Dismissed."

@devilishBladesmen
The door to the room opens to reveal the woman from before. She was obviously not from the empire, but rather looked more like a person up north in the tribes.
"Are you okay? I saw the fire and the men and when I came you were in trouble so I helped. My name is Eagle, what is yours?"
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Libra Posts : 260
Boondollars : 17663

Back to top Go down

Post by genocidalLibels Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:57 am

((OoC: I think it's going well! It's very interesting so far))
You tried your best not to squeal from your excitement as the phone picked up. "hello, is this the ufw?" Filge was flapping around your head, the squeaking sounds hurting your ears slightly. You needed to tune her up. You precariously waiting for a response from the other side. This was finally the day everything you worked hard for would finally be noticed.
genocidalLibels
genocidalLibels
Juvesquirt

Taurus Posts : 34
Boondollars : 15461

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:03 am

"Yup. You are calling the main administration office. My name's Travay and I'll be you receiver for today. Are you here for enrollment or for information? If you are here for information allow me to direct you to another office but if you ain't then please continue."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by genocidalLibels Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:08 am

"hello, i'm zero and i'm calling about enrollment. i was scouted by a man, white hair and white clothing. i never caught his name." You chew on your lip, anxious. You had never even used the telecommunication center in town, nevertheless called an important office.
genocidalLibels
genocidalLibels
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 am

"Uh huh." Travay was sweating heavily. So this was the kid Blanco was talking about. She opened the drawer and took out a form. God has it been a long time since she saw a scouted form. "Okay, please specify your city, parents' professions, years of basic education, and your wealth status aka are you rich or poor?"
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by genocidalLibels Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:21 am

"gajapra, tinkerer, i've been apprenticed as a tinkerer for 7 years and i taught myself to read and write, poor i would assume" You respond quickly, was that too fast? You don't want to sound too desperate..
genocidalLibels
genocidalLibels
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:31 am

"Uh huh. Okay, two final questions. Have you had any experience in machinations and if so are you able to mail us prototypes? and lastly, what course are you going to take?"
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:32 am

Veekus looked at the women for a good couple of seconds before uttering a word. "... Bevore I give you my name, mind telling me vhat happened avter I vell unconscious?" He didn't entirely trust the woman so he didn't want to start with small talk but instead get into the main point.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:23 am

"Oh. Of course. When you went unconcious, I immediately went towards the nearest police force. As the majority of the entire force was scrambling to calm the people since the prison was breached, I managed to get a small troop to check on all of you. Right after that, they arrested the armed men who were conscious. I myself carried you to the hospital while killers ran rampant on the streets. Right now, I am being questioned by the police and they seem to want to talk to you."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:06 am

Veekus looks out the window again. "Are vey outside nov?"
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:23 am

"No. They are still busy with papers and tracking down other prisoners, but I hear they shall come when the next crow flies... oh, I am sorry. It is a saying we say in my country. It means when one is well. I hear they shall come when you are ready to rise from your bed."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by genocidalLibels Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:07 am

((OoC: what do you mean by machinations, like industrialized cites?))
genocidalLibels
genocidalLibels
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:22 pm

(OOC: I have no complains, I think it's interesting.)

After hearing where she is sent, Cara started to look for any signs of where she should go. Again, she followed other recruits, and tried to overhear if anyone will be stationed at Outpost #10.
She hasn’t heard anyone talking about it, but she saw Private Gaia again, she caught up with her.
‘Where will you be stationed?’ she asked. ‘Also, have you seen Major Fashji? I have a letter for him.’
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:32 am

@genocidalLibels
(OOC: More like the machines you've made. Basically asking if you've made some actual machines and if you can send them via mail.)

@temporaryAbsent
"I'm being stationed at Outpost #4, near the border. Major Fashji's your acting officer? Lucky you. Heard the guy rations more meat than mush and that he always makes sure a cadet trains for four months before being sent to battle. Last I saw him, he was at the southern gate and was looking for other recruits who were stationed at Outpost #10."

Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:58 pm

The moment Jomm saw the uniform, he took off his tinted glasses, his eyes lighting up with pride. His body shuddered, and he reached out, grabbing the uniform and the badge. He wiped the badge with his sleeve, peering at with a grin spreading across his face.

"...You'll have to excuse me for a moment." Jomm inhaled, raising the uniform and badge over his head, and releasing a long "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS."

In a peerless x2dancecombo, Jomm performed a spirited jig for five seconds, before getting ahold of himself and tucking the badge and uniform under his arm. "Sir, I assure you I will not let this honor go to waste. I'll serve with all the dignity, courage, and vigor I can bring to bear. Those Rassistin goons won't know what hit 'em."
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Boondollars : 19624

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:27 pm

'Thank you! Good luck to you, too!' Cara said, and started off to the southern gate.
When she arrived, she scanned the crowd for the major, who she found easily, because he was the only one left with some space to breath. Also he ordered the Outpost #10 recruits to line up. Looked like she was in the right place.
She broke a way to him, saying sorry at least a hundred times to the other recruits.
'Major Fashji?' she started when she reached the officer. 'My name is Cara Williams. I was told to deliever this letter to you, and say I'm part of Operation Crawler.' She gave the sealed letter to the man.
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Veekus starts to rubs his brows as the stress starts to pile up. walking towards his bed, he falls back onto his bed as he release a huge sigh. "I guess ve can get it over and done viv bevore I'm discharged. Vis vould be better In case vey had anover idea besides talking. Oh and bevore I vorget, my names Veekus but you can call me Veek."
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:57 am

@pankrationResolution
"Once you're ready, head to the back and find door number 10. That'll be your bunk. We're leaving soon and if you wanna' say goodbye to some family members or somethin', best do it quick." When the capatin stopped speaking, Maya whispered something into his ear and his eyes became as big as saucers. He took her by the arm and ran to the back of the entire mech.

@temporaryAbsent
The officer looks at you coldly. He doesn't believe it. A small kid? Part of Operation Crawler? He took the letter without saying a word and opened it. As he started reading, he became surprised, shocked, even flabbergasted. So this kid was to be Senior Engineer huh? Without saying a word, he returned the letter, motioned her to follow, turned and left through the gate.

@devilishBladesmen
The woman nods and says "That is strange name, but strange names fit strange people they say. For how many years have you been here? I only have come since a year ago, because my family back in the tribes were starving but the chief let us find duties elsewhere. So I came here. How about you?"
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:46 am

Cara followed the man to the gate.
'Sir, could you explain me, what is Operation Crawler???' she asked.
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by genocidalLibels Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:07 pm

"i c-can mail a few. my two major projects i cannot mail though, because one is my companion and the other is too large to mail out of town." You couldn't wait... this would be the best opportunity you've ever had.
genocidalLibels
genocidalLibels
Juvesquirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Veekus starts to rub his head with a cheerful expression. "Ha, all vese questions make me veel like you're ve police ovvicer interrogating me."
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:08 pm

@temporaryAbsent
The major sighed. This kid didn't know anything at all, did she? Well in that case, he might as well spill the beans since she was the VIP. "Kid, you know those sand crawlers we use that are fully equipped against sand based attacks? Well, the Court has had a secret operation regarding those crawlers. They're making the ultimate crawler and any good engineer they can find is scouted, recruited, and promoted. It was just your luck that the general saw potential in you. Me though, you have to earn my awe it since I haven't see your capabilities, yet."

@genocidalLibels
"Good. Now, please come here next week to get your papers signed by you since it ain't valid unless the enrollees also accept the terms. Also, we need your parents' signatures and we are good to go." As Travay wrote the last period, she felt like she was lifting the heaviest rock on Earth. As suddenly as that, behind her was Blanco, resting his back on the wall of her cubicle.
"You did a good job Travay. I'm proud of ya." He spoke so gently that only anyone within the cubicle could hear.

@devilishBladesmen
"Oh no, oh no. I am not one of them. I come from a very clsoe tribe and it has been tradition of ours to know people who we do not know. My name back in the tribe even means 'She Who Knows Strangers'. Please, if I am being annoying, tell me and I shall leave you."

Last edited by Vriska's Matesprit on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next