Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth - Page 4 Empty Re: Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth

Post by Monjaro Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:51 am

"Sure ving and on ve vay you can tell me more about vese unvavorable vitnesses, ve envoy and vis elder you speak ov but be sure to pick up Eagle as vell, got vat. I already have some ideas I need to run vrough her." Veekus sits down as he tries to tuck his legs into the smallish car compared to his height as he waits out the journey to the safe-house.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Virgo Posts : 514
Boondollars : 20053

Back to top Go down

Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth - Page 4 Empty Re: Cogworld: An Adventure in a New Earth

Post by genocidalLibels Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:53 am

You sighed to yourself as the back door opened, it was quite forceful too. News must have gotten around, this was not good. You prepare your strife specibus and select your favorite, scrwdrvrkind. You always had to be prepared for this kind of conflict arising from your father. This was one of the many things the two of you did not agree on

((OoC : I know it's an adventure, but I since this is a parental conflict, I thought it would be enjoyable to set up this encounter like this. Also, unlike on Zero's character sheet, their strife deck is scrwdrvrkind instead of paintbrush kind. I hope this is okay, if not I can rewrite.)
genocidalLibels
genocidalLibels
Juvesquirt

Taurus Posts : 34
Boondollars : 15461

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Cara looked up from her work, smiling at the man.
‘Hey there Fahrin, my name is Cara. Yeah, apparently the newest one, freshly out of the line of common recruits. Uhmm, I didn’t know who should I ask, but I’d like to know is there anything other than Ope… Well, the operation I should be working is secret. But should I do something? I mean, am I assigned to work on anything else?’ She breathed deeply. ‘I’m rambling. Sorry, but I am excited!!!!’
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Pisces Posts : 81
Boondollars : 15832

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:15 am

@devilishBladesmen
As the officer offers you a ride, he starts talking about the Proper Council and its head- High Advisor Lukas Kaiser, an alleged member of the Menschen Rassissten. The others are supporters of the Allegiance while one troll Science Advisor is a rumored Empress's Guard. The envoy is said to have been in the Galactic War and has an alleged troll kill count of a hundred. That's all the cop knows and both him and Veekus finally reached the safe house.

@geoncidalLibels
(OOC: it's okay. i actually embrace internal character conflicts that affect both the character personally and/or the world around them. Actually, if that sort of stuff happens, I usually let the player control their familial characters. I'm giving you the chance to do just that.)
The Canyon of Flames has been around for at least the beginning of time. A large gorge that infinitely burns, a natural anomaly. Looking out towards out it was another type of anomaly. A dimensional anomaly. Blanco was sitting on a rock overlooking such a wonderful site. He was staring at it with a longing look, thinking about the events he just set into motion.
"Everything is in place, but why do I have such a dreading feeling about this? I can' let my emotions get the best of me. I must make sure the timeline won't end like it did."
He stood up and with a snap of his fingers, he disappeared.

@temporaryAbsent
As soon as Cara stopped talking, the door opened to reveal two more guys. One looks around the same age as you while the other one is clearly a lot older. The younger one looks at you and his eyes open wide. "G-g-girl? There's a girl here... Hi. I'm Lyon. I'm a foreigner."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Libra Posts : 260
Boondollars : 17663

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:32 pm

Veekus enters the room where he will be staying in for the night and heads to the bathroom to freshen up. It's hard to get 3 weeks worth of dumpster diving stench out so hopefully a full-on bleach bath can cure his aliment. after ten minutes of soaking and now finally smelling better, veekus looks through his dufflebag for his spare clothes... "Vhere are vey?" he thinks back to the hospital remembering his bag also being lighter then as well. "Don't tell me... Gog damn it." he starts to realize that the nurses most likely took his cloths to be cleaned. He then proceeds to the wardrobe that he was issued to grab anything that could be called clothing. sadly they were all too small for him. "Great, I'm pretty much stuck viv vis tovel until I can get some clean cloves my size." Veekus sighs as he collapses on his bed and starts to doze off.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 am

As Veekus dozes off, a girl about 18 years of age slowly opens the door and gasps in sheer surpise. "Oh my golly gosh. A troll. Wearing only a towel. Holy bajeebus."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:25 am

Veekus eyes pop open. "And I deduce you to be ve unvavorable vitnesses ve ovvicers vere telling me earlier about." he sits up and sighs "Vhat do you vant and vhy do humans never knock bevore entering?"
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:25 am

"What? No. I'm not a witness, I'm just the girl who comes around and cleans rooms from time to time. I didn't think the cops next door had another guy in. What are ya' in for? Witnessed a murder or was targeted by a gang or something?"
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 am

"I guess you can say vat, in an ironic point ov viev." He gets up, grabs a note from his dufflebag and walks towards the maid.
"Iv you vould so kindly do me a vavor, I require you to go to ve nearest suit store and acquire me a suit matching vese sizes. Iv vey ask vor payment, Tell vem to send ve bill to ve local police station."
he starts walking towards the bathroom to retrieve his clothes from yesterday. "Oh. And bevore I vorget, tell a miss Eagle to come see me. ve need to talk."
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:18 am

After a few reluctant rants and several minutes later, the girl who now reveals herself to be called Ranna, comes back with the clothes and behind her is Eagle, the Chalcanan woman from before. "Did what you asked me to. I'm just gonna' leave right now and let you two talk."
She gets out of the room and closes the door. Eagle then looks at Veekus and asks "Do you know that girl? She looked very cute as some of the foreigners say. Anyway, why did you call for me?"
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:06 am

Cara looked at the entering people.
‘Well, yeah, I’m a girl. My name is Cara Williams, and my parents migrated here before I was born, but I can be considered a foreigner too.’ She smiled widely at her new acquaintances. ‘Nice to meet you all! I’m a newly appointed Senior Engineer, and I still need some information on what should I do. So what is my work supposed to be?’
She was somewhat taken aback by the boy, who kept staring and acted like he never saw a girl, but she tried very hard not to hurt others... Well, she simply couldn’t resist.
‘What’s up with you, Lyon? You looking at me like you never ever have seen a girl! Could you not stare like that? Or at all???’
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:59 pm

"Tell me about your tribes specialties."
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:22 pm

@temporaryAbsent
"O-o-oh. I'm really sorry. This really is my first time looking at a cute girl. Not that I'm saying other girls are not cute, I'm just saying that you look... cuter than others..."
The oldest one steps up and sighs.
"I'm Tehja. I've been part of Operation Crawler for over two years now. I'm 23 years old and I sleep on the bed with posters over there. About your position: as Senior Engineer you have the capacity of basically getting every piece of scrap metal that we attack with and study them to make our crawlers better. I'm Senior Arms Mechanic, so I deal with advanced weapons. Lyon here is Senior Physics Mechanic. He works out all of the gears and stuff. Fahrin here is our Senior Steam Engineer. He works with pipes. You basically design the crawler and plan what we need and what it's made of while we supply everything inside. Got that?"

@devilishBladesmen
"Yes, I could do that. Well first, I have contacts in every river tribe but those contacts also have friends in both the hill and mountain tribes. The only ones I cannot help you with are for the plains and forests tribes. Along with that, I have connections to some people in Peace City so we can call on them about tribe and foreigner relations. Lastly, I am a trained speaker in all of the tongues of the tribes. I can speak the tongue of rivers, tongue of forests and all others, but the problem will be with the mountain tribes since they are a warrior breed."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:20 am

’Well, thanks. Though I’m nothing to my sister, she is a real beauty. She deals with all kind of delivery issues to Fort Sara’ili and can charm her way through everyone. Or scare them.’ Cara said to Lyon, then after listening to Tehja and started grinning.
‘So I can actually study things, not just read about them??? Cool!!!’ Then, she willed herself to smile instead of grinning. ‘Thanks. I was a bit lost, because I just got the opportunity to become an engineer before I left the fort. Nobody told me anything, and I just caught on the opportunity to do something useful. I think I go back to my books and do my part of the job. I’m looking forward to work with all of you!’
With that, she buried herself into her books, and started to study the various materials used for building crawlers and other military machines. After some hours, she had a whole list of the most efficient metals and designs this far. Cara really wanted to continue her work, but her stomach started to complain, reminding her that she missed the last meal at the fort. She checked the time on her watch, and it was nearly six o’clock, the time they had breakfast in the fort.
She checked the room, but she didn’t see any of her roommates, so she went to find the canteen herself, cursing herself for forgetting to ask where she should go.
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:09 pm

Outside the dorm, a crewman was walking by and noticed Cara who was lost. "Lost? Where does one such as you would like to know where to go?"
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:41 pm

"Okay, let me rephrase myselv. Vhat skills does your tribe specialize in because right nov vhere in a vield vat requires a 'subtle' touch."
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:35 am

Cara heard the crewman addressing her, and didn't liked the way it sounded, but she wasn't sure she didn't imagined the scornful tone. It could have been in her mind, lack of sleep and food playing tricks on her. But she was lost, and needed help, so she answered.
’Thanks for the thought that I actually could be someone. Anyway, I’m looking for the canteen, because if I’m correct, it’s either near to breakfast, or already is time for it.’ After few seconds of thinking, she added. ‘Also, I’d like to talk to the other engineers on some matter, so if I missed or have to wait for breakfast, then I’d be glad, if you directed me to one of them. Tehja would be the best, but eventually I have to talk to all of them, so anybody you know where to find would be okay.’
She kept her tone patient, talked to the man politely, even if she had an urge to hit him. Probably, if he was talking to anybody else, and she just overheard it, she would do that. In her thoughts, she swore that she’ll punch him if he continues in the same tone.
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:02 am

@devilishBladesmen
"Oh, the specialties of my tribe? Well, we are called Fishers-By-Lake in your tongue but in our own we are called Korobanake. As I said when we met, my tribe is well-known to be very close knit and have a special connection with all types of tribes. We are also good cooks too!"

@temporaryAbsent
"I must apologize. I was educated by my parents back then to speak in manner most appropriate to higher classes in order to be able to socialize better. If you would like to know the way to the mess hall, then I may be obliged to help you get there. On the account of the other engineers, most are being apprenticed by our experienced crewmen. The one called Tehja is found near the gunnery and I may also be obliged to take you there as well."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:26 am

Veekus sighs in disappointment. "Vor nov, all I need vrom you is to ask some ov your tribes men to vly in under ve radar vor some job positions. I need to set up an invormation line to gaver said invormation. In ve mean time I'll need you to leave so I can get changed."
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:58 am

’Lot better’ Cara thought at the change of the tone.
‘Mesh hall first. Thank you for your help. I’d be glad if you told me how to get to the gunnery. I don’t like to be lost all the time!’ She smiled a little, because she knew she will be lost a few time until she gets used to this place.
As the crewman and she started to walk, she tried to memorize the corridors and turns.
‘By the way, my name is Cara Williams and I’m a Senior Engineer. And you…?’ She tried to be friendly with everyone, so this man won’t be an exception. After all, he stopped being an idiot once he was warned.
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:27 am

@devilishBladesmen
"Alright then. I shall be found in the livingroom conversing with a few other persons.I am enthusiastic as to what may happen to us in the future."
She then opened the door and left.

@temporaryAbsent
"I am Artur. My parents named me that because they are expect high class people to have foreign names yet they themselves cannot spell them correctly. You say you are Senior Engineer? I have not heard of this position before, but new changes are being implemented everytime in our great and almighty military. If you are to reach the gunnery, from the mess hall, go left and then walk for fifteen steps and then turn right. The door that shall be in front of you will be the entrance to the gunnery."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:48 pm

After nodding to Artur and thanking for his assistance Cara went to the Mesh Hall. She was lucky enough to be in time, and got some breakfast. She even could drink some coffee, though it wasn’t the best she ever drank.
After that, she took the route she was given, Cara walked to the gunnery to look for Tehja.
‘Hello! Tehja? I’d like to ask a few questions. Do you have any free time?’
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:01 pm

"Sure, though I am surprised that you have not yet received any orders from the Major. But I believe I can spare some time."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by temporaryAbsent Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:16 am

'I wanted to ask about weapons. Surely, heavier weapons make more damage, but say we want to provide fast movements and also great defense. So I was thinking about the lightest weapons with ability to destroy enemy's defense completely. Since this is your area, any advice?'
She also made a mental note to visit the Major's office and ask about orders.
temporaryAbsent
temporaryAbsent
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vriska's Matesprit Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:46 am

"Well crawlers are built with the thought of being a quick skirmish frontline mech. I think the best guns for it would be .99 caliber light machine guns, probably the ones manufactured during the Second World Conflict. Heard they fired around 20 rounds per minute. Though if we are making a 'supercrawler' we should probably try having a small cannon or mortar somewhere and a line of smaller cannons around the sides and some .50 caliber machine guns out front. Out back we could mount machine guns for people who could man turrets."
Vriska's Matesprit
Vriska's Matesprit
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next